19 – 26 October 2020: All Montessori Roads Lead to Rome
Montessori Europe, in conjunction with Montessori Express 2020, has created an opportunity to participate in the special celebration of the 150th birthday of Maria Montessori, with the International Montessori Congress hosted by Dr. Montessori’s founding organisation, Opera Montessori Nazionale (ONM), in Rome. Montessorians will gather together from across the world to touch the historical context of Montessori and be refreshed by new research and findings on the child. Furthermore, the Congress offers opportunities to visit important Montessori landmarks and see a curated exhibit of Montessori’s original materials. This is an opportunity you do not want to miss.
Making Getting There Fun
The Montessori Express Bus will take us from Amsterdam to Rome and back. This is an Environmentally Sensitive Trip and you can ‘hop on’/ ‘off’ the Montessori Express at the airports of Amsterdam, Ede-Wageningen NS, Frankfurt and Munich.
The organized trip has the following components:
- 19 October Montessori Express Bus: Amsterdam – Ede – Frankfurt – Munich
- 19 October accommodation incl. breakfast: Motel One München-Garching
- 20 October Montessori Express Bus: München – Rome
- 20-25 October: Rome accommodations at the Institute San Giuseppe di Cluny, a beautiful, quiet guesthouse with a private garden, located near the Colosseum
- 21 October Rome: Visit Casa dei Bambini and other ‘Montessori places of interest’
- 25-26 October Montessori Express Bus Return: Rome – Munich – Frankfurt – Ede – Amsterdam (sleeping facilities in the luxurious touring bus)
Meals are only included where stated.
Cost of the trip
The cost of the trip is €925 for double room accommodation, €975 for single room accommodation.
The trip offers additional options to personalize your travel, which you need to book directly with the organizers:
- 22-23 October (two alternatives):
- 24-25 October: International Montessori Congress by Opera Montessori Nazionale https://www.operanazionalemontessori.it/congresso/en/
Please note the early bird rate for the Congress, available until 22 March.
- Minimum of 35 participants to make this trip work with a maximum of 40 participants
- Deposit of 250 euros required by March 27 on the Montessori Europe online registration
- Balance of payment: due by May 31
- Montessori Europe will decide by March 31 whether the trip will take place. The decision will be based on the number of paid-up registrations (min. 35), and immediately afterwards the registrants will be informed. If the trip is overbooked, attendees will be selected based on the order in which their deposits were received.
- International Congress registration: https://www.operanazionalemontessori.it/congresso/en/
- €200 until 22 March
- € 280 from 23 March 23 to 10 May
- € 380 from 11 May 2020, until capacity is reached
The International Congress includes
- 4 coffee breaks
- 2 lunches
- simultaneous translation into English
See the document “Terms and Conditions of the Montessori Express Rome-trip” the Questions and Answers and the “Travel Schedule” for more details.
Registration is possible on this link.
Please inform other Montessorians about this event!