Update April 2018
Results of the MERGe meeting in Berlin, 24 March 2018
Montessori Europe Research Group (MERGe) is a platform to activate teachers in two areas:
- Teachers at the centre of knowledge creation in the professional context of Montessori classroom; reflectivity as a central part of teachers’ investigations:
- An area of sharing results of his/her work with others, discussing practitioners’ findings to improve their work.
- A meeting point for focusing teachers’ reflective thinking.
- A place of receiving support and help in the further use of collected classroom information.
- Teachers as users and creators of research-based strategies:
- A place of discussing possibilities of involvement in structured research topics, in a comparative study.
- A place for exchanging work results on a selected topic.
- A place to connect teachers and experts.
To develop the professionalization of teachers and cultivate their reflective attitude and research-oriented activities MERGEe will organize workshops and meetings/seminars with experts.
During the congress in Sofia, which is focused on learning about classroom practices, MERGe will take a closer look at the best practices. These are sometimes hidden in the daily work and remain unknown to the broader community. Paying attention to them may inspire others in the on-going process of professional development. We also want to to make use of classroom-based resources.
MERGe will present examples of school based practitioners’ research in the Research Group meeting at the ME congress in Sofia. Useful tools of how to set up research of the effectiveness of Montessori education will be presented. Patrick Sins will lecture on executive functions; Beata Bednarczuk on the self-authorizing personality. During workshops the participants will be given the opportunity to develop their own research activities.
Beata Bednarczuk – firstname.lastname@example.org