Tuesday 11 May, 19.00 – 20.30 (CEST) – Revising Piaget’s Schema and Scheme concepts, Lynnette Brock, of SchemaPlay, will make connections with practice in Montessori classrooms, fostering freedom and child centred learning by providing favourable environments both inside and outside. Children’s gifts and interests relating to their family culture and wider community will also be explored as will our Cosmic connections. Register here.
Tuesday 22 June, 19.00 – 20.30 (CEST) – Play and the Characteristics of Effective Learning
The Montessori pedagogy often gets a bad rap for its misunderstood approach to play. Even within the Montessori community, ‘work’ is often favoured in place of ‘play’. Yet, Montessori herself writes that “the wise mother will remember that play time is never wasted. So long as the children are busily absorbed, they are working at their own development” (Maria Montessori Speaks to Parents, 2017: 10). Introducing the Characteristics of Effective Learning, Barbara Isaacs and Wendelien Bellinger will explore how play inspires the creativity children need to thrive in the 21st Century. Register here.
Montessori Europe’s mission is to create a network of Montessori educators, schools and school leaders in Europe and beyond, offering a platform for collaboration and the exchange of ideas, providing support, creating synergies and increasing motivation.
- A programme of online webinars, offering monthly opportunities to connect and challenge your practice with the opportunity to request a certificate of attendance
- Discounted registration fee for our annual Congress
- The opportunity to join Montessori Europe Working Groups
- Voting privileges in the election of the Montessori Europe Board of Directors
Launching over the next few months:
- Forums on our redeveloped website, where members with shared interests can connect to discuss and explore issues of common concern.
- Access to resources
- An expanded programme for national organisations, secondary educators and researchers, providing platforms for these groups to connect and support one another
If you would like to receive the ME newsletter click here for the Newsletter sign up