Tuesday 13 April, 19.00 – 20.30 (CEST) – Transformative Observation
Following the successful series of webinars led by Andy in the Autumn of 2020, Andy returns to explore with us the value of observations of children in the process of getting to know ourselves as Montessori practitioners. This promises to be an exciting journey of discovery for all of us. Register here.
Tuesday 11 May, 19.00 – 20.30 (CEST) – SchemaPlay: Emergence and the Zone of Proximal Developmental Flow Provocative
SchemaPlay aims to provide an ecological and embodied understanding of child development and learning and in this presentation Lynnette Brock will show how Piaget’s distinction between a scheme and schema provides practitioners with a means by which they can extend upon Montessori’s intuitive practices and her advocation of the practitioner’s role in fostering freedom and child-centred learning right across a continuous provision: to encompass both the indoor and outdoor provision, and in association with the wider cosmos, culture, and community. Register here.
Tuesday 22 June, 19.00 – 20.30 (CEST) – Play and the Characteristics of Effective Learning
The Montessori pedagogy often gets a bad rap for its misunderstood approach to play. Even within the Montessori community, ‘work’ is often favoured in place of ‘play’. Yet, Montessori herself writes that “the wise mother will remember that play time is never wasted. So long as the children are busily absorbed, they are working at their own development” (Maria Montessori Speaks to Parents, 2017: 10). Introducing the Characteristics of Effective Learning, Barbara Isaacs and Wendelien Bellinger will explore how play inspires the creativity children need to thrive in the 21st Century. Register here.
Montessori Europe’s mission is to create a network of Montessori educators, schools and school leaders in Europe and beyond, offering a platform for collaboration and the exchange of ideas, providing support, creating synergies and increasing motivation.
- A programme of online webinars, offering monthly opportunities to connect and challenge your practice with the opportunity to request a certificate of attendance
- Discounted registration fee for our annual Congress
- The opportunity to join Montessori Europe Working Groups
- Voting privileges in the election of the Montessori Europe Board of Directors
Launching over the next few months:
- Forums on our redeveloped website, where members with shared interests can connect to discuss and explore issues of common concern.
- Access to resources
- An expanded programme for national organisations, secondary educators and researchers, providing platforms for these groups to connect and support one another
If you would like to receive the ME newsletter click here for the Newsletter sign up