We invite you to take an active part in the congress by sending us your proposal for a workshop that would be a valuable contribution to European Montessori Education. On this page you will find information on topics, requirements and important deadlines.
In this congress we will have the following formats:
– Keynotes will be in the usual lecture style lasting 45-60 minutes; we aim for an inspiring and entertaining speech addressing important challenges for the Montessori classrooms for an audience of 300-400 people.
– Break-out sessions are planned as interactive, large group activities of 60 minutes, dedicated to each plane of development (0-6, 6-12, 12-18) for groups of 80-120 people.
– Workshops will be interactive, practical working sessions of 90 minutes with a group of 15-25 people.
We plan 3 keynotes (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), will include an MMUN teacher training into the congress and introduce 3 parallel break-out sessions Saturday and Sunday morning for larger audiences. Followed by 10-15 workshops we will make this congress an event everyone will remember.
Our main topic this year is “Inside the Montessori Classroom – inspiring best practices”. We want to create a programme as practical and useful as possible with high quality workshops. If you are interested in proposing a workshop, please consider the listed topics as a guide.
Please submit your proposal in English. Proposals should have a maximum of 2 pages in length and should be submitted in the CfP Form ME Forum Sofia. Send your form in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use the subject line “ME Congress Sofia Proposal” when submitting. The deadline for submission is 22 April 2018.
To ensure the quality we have designed a set of criteria for workshops. Based on that, the ME Congress Committee will review all proposals and react by mail before 1 May 2018. Read more about the criteria.
Terms and conditions
Once your first proposal has been accepted, Montessori Europe will send a contract to settle the terms and conditions. Read more about terms and conditions.
- The deadline for submission: 22 April 2018.
- Notification of acceptance: 1 May 2018
- Contract and changes: 15 June 2018
- Information about arrival dates: 15 September 2018.
- Congress: 5-7 October 2018